Friday, September 13, 2013

Monochrotastic

I have truly been inspired by not only watching NYFW from my comfortable home but also by compiling some of my favorite street style looks! With the popularity of street style booming it’s as if we have two important runway categories to watch those inside and out of the Lincoln Center.

I can’t decide which I am most excited about. But for now I want to focus on one street style trend that I am captivated by.

M O N O C H R O M E

I have seen this trend on the whole lot of fashion bloggers and editors. Lets hop on this trend bandwagon asap before it disappears into next year. The key to this awesome look is to find a small way to incorporate a different color. I do this with a simple red or pink lip. It's also perfect to get a bright bag or colorful shoes. Get creative and share your ideas with me!


Here are some of the street style photos I collected that inspired me. (Thank you Harpers Bazaar). Below these awesome styles are some of my creations that you can love freely without having to hold your heart together. These looks are what I like to call Anti Ramen Ensembles…. Can you guess where I’m going with this? (An outfit you can afford while also affording good non Ramen Noodle food)






Anti- Ramen Ensembles



Monochrome


River Island top, $16 / Dorothy Perkins skirt / AĆ©ropostale ankle boots / McQ by Alexander McQueen leather handbag / Witchery black cat eye glasses, $65


monochrome


H&M white sleeveless dress, $47 / Zara embellished cardigan / Candela loafer shoes / Forever New white handbag, $28 / H&M collar jewelry, $9.47 / Topshop brimmed hat

Have any pieces you need styled? Talk to me -- I would love to help.



Written By Scarlet
Approved by Melrose

No comments:

Post a Comment