Saturday, September 14, 2013

Printuplets

Let us continue through this journey of inspiration that is derived from street style. Like I have said before, street style is just as important as runway shows when it comes to determining trends. Some would say that street style is even more crucial than following the runway shows. Lines have blurred when determining whether the streets get inspiration from the runways or the other way around.

This is exciting to me and should be to all you fashionistas! This means that the power we have in starting trends has become equal to the power if not greater then that of Marc Jacobs, Phillip Lim and Alexander Wang. YAY US!

The next trend is one that I have derived inspiration from to work into my own wardrobe. It is a tougher one to perfect because it could so easily become a little overwhelming.

P R I N T    O N    P R I N T

When trying this look, be adventurous. You can make the top and bottom the same print or you can mix different types of prints and still be successful. One tip that I would suggest is mixing a big print with a small print. Another way to make it work is by mixing a colorful print with monochromatic print. It will make it look more cohesive if you mix prints with at least one common color. Keep the accessories simple. If you have a monochromatic print on print combo, throw in a colorful flat, heel or bag. 

Have any questions about something you want to pair together? Tell me about it. Lets talk.


Here are some of the street style photos I collected that inspired me. (gathered from Pinterest). Below these awesome styles are some of my creations that you can love freely without having to hold your heart together. These looks are what I like to call Anti Ramen Ensembles…. Can you guess where I’m going with this? (An outfit you can afford while also affording good non-Ramen-Noodle food)






Anti Ramen Ensembles

print on print

Topshop crop top / Topshop shorts / Zara footwear / Black studded purse, $16 / Forever 21 gold jewellery



print on print


H&M ribbed shirt, $24 / River Island flower skirt, $40 / BCBGeneration platform wedge shoes / Zara colorful handbag / Letter necklace

print on print


Zara top / H&M jacket, $40 / Dorothy Perkins clothing / Flat pumps / Topshop jewelry



Written By Scarlet
Approved by Melrose

No comments:

Post a Comment