Thursday, September 19, 2013

T- Time

Ok so I am not talking about a day at the golf course, but rather a day in a T-shirt. And I don’t mean the day that you spend doing laundry and running errands. Think instead of a day in a chic yet comfortable outfit that you can wear to the office or out on a date. It's the perfect way of working that I-hardly-tried-to-look-this-good vibe. And don't pretend like you don't know all about this vibe.

You know when you see that girl on the street with the tousled hair and barely there makeup, the outfit that seems like she threw it together in 5 minutes, yet she looks like a THE fashion goddess, the latest IT model and the muse of the century that Karl Lagerfeld is publishing a book about? Yeah I hate her too but I also want to be her! Let's be real and give ourselves a break. In reality it took her 1.5 to 2 hours to pull that hardly-tried look together. If she can do it so can we Damn IT! Lets do it together. I am in love with finding new ways to dress up my old t-shirts.

Here are some simple rules to consider when beginning the construction of a perfectly dressed up t-shirt ensemble.

1.     Heels make a big difference.
2.     Consider how an up-do will change the look.
3.     Don’t be afraid to layer.
4.     Try on some of your chunkier jewels and see what it will do for the overall look.
5.     I know jeans come to mind but try a skirt instead. How about trousers?


I am going to put a few outfits together to show you what I mean, but first here are some great street style pics to pull inspiration from.








t time






Written by Scarlet
Approved by Melrose

No comments:

Post a Comment