Friday, August 23, 2013

Rebecca Minkoff in the Spotlight

In light of the upcoming NYFW and also my newfound desire to learn more of designers who will be showing this September, I want to put a spotlight on Rebecca Minkoff. I am in love with not only her personal aesthetic but also the woman she portrays in her design. The Minkoff woman dresses to impress as she runs around the city from meeting to meeting. She goes for something with comfort as well as design appeal. Her collection speaks to the part of you that wants to feel confident and sexy in a nonchalant way. Lets face it, there's a little bit of the Minkoff woman in all of us.

Her Fall 2013 RTW collection has a touch of 90's appeal to them that I'm captivated by, e.g. a space graphic tee thrown into the mix of her high end striped blazer and trouser combo. I personally could sneak off with one piece from every single look from this fall runway show. I especially love the army green striped pant and the slouchy overcoat that I would live and die in.

Here are a few more of my favorite looks from her Fall 2013 RTW and 2014 Resort.

F2013RTW





(side note: Can anyone else see Gwen Stefani in this outfit?)

Resort 2014




I cannot wait to see what she will be putting down the runway for her Spring 2014 Collection.

To enjoy her runway looks go to: http://www.style.com/fashionshows/review/F2013RTW-RMINKOFF



Written By Scarlet
Approved by Melrose

No comments:

Post a Comment